Western New York Tech Academy is an early college high school designed for students in grades 9 – 14 who are passionate about preparing for a high-skill, financially stable career in growth industries. This program serves 14 local school districts.
WNY Tech Academy offers committed students a unique educational experience. Students earn a high school diploma, with a focus on the subjects they are most interested in, as they learn from innovative workshops, guest speakers, and job mentors. Students earn an Associate’s degree from Genesee Community College at no cost.
And it is at no cost to the student or their family.
Are you an ambitious eighth-grader who learns math and science best through projects and collaboration with peers?
Trade the traditional classroom for a new way to prepare for your future.
• Engage in a project-based learning environment and have fun while you’re learning
• Earn your high school credits while earning up to 27 college credits before even graduating from high school
• Meet business mentors and experience real-world employment experiences
• Earn an A.A.S. degree from Genesee Community College at no cost.
What Students Gain From This Program
• A Regents diploma from the student’s home school district
• An education with a focus on a career. While students earn their dual high school and college credits, the underlying theme for all we do is to prepare students for their pathway, college - and employment beyond the Associate’s Degree. We do this through supportive on-site job shadowing, internships, resume building, and interview workshops, business tours, guest speakers, and a mentor program with our industry partners.
• Interpersonal, ethical, and organizational skills necessary to excel in any career.
• College readiness training
• Individual ongoing academic support and adult mentoring
• Priority for employment with our industry affiliates
Plus, there is no cost for you or your family!