Remote Instructional Model
- A teacher of record will be assigned to students. Instruction for students will be accomplished through:
- synchronous Google Meets.
- recordings watched via Google Classroom.
- To the greatest extent practicable, students will adhere to the same schedule as if in-person.
- Supplemental material kits will be distributed to support remote learning activities.
- For students who are not able to access the internet due to their geographic location, teachers will provide hard copy learning materials and will develop a schedule with the student/family to have contact via telephone.
Learning Materials and Content
- Paper textbooks, and other content
- Digital copies of textbooks
- Digital content and activities provided by the District, either free or subscription-based
- Online learning courses or course content modules
- Telephone and/or video calling
- Video conferencing
- Social media
- Learning Management System (Google Apps for Education)
Teacher and Student Interface
- Teacher office hours, virtually (online) via video conferencing and/or chat, and/or phone
- Scheduled teacher/student(s) check-ins, virtual (online) and/or via phone
- Asynchronous communication, feedback, and support via email or the Learning Management System (Google Apps for Education)
- Hard copy (paper) instructional materials provided to students.
- Instructional materials provided via technology, such as posted on a teacher's website or available through the Learning Management System (Google Apps for Education).
- Individual or small-group synchronous instruction facilitated using technologies such as telephone or video conferencing.
- Large-group or whole class synchronous instruction facilitated using technologies such as telephone or video conferencing.
- Recorded instruction disseminated through technology, including via podcast, a dedicated website, or Learning Management System (Google Apps for Education).
All teachers and students will be provided with computing devices by either GVB or their home school district. For students/staff who do not have internet in their home but can access a cellular network a Mi-Fi type of device will be provided.