New York State Education Law gives you the right to information about how Genesee Valley BOCES is safeguarding student and staff data.
- Read the Parents’ Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security
- Review our Student Records Policy (Board Policy 6420)
If at any time district officials learn that student and/or teacher/principal data has been compromised, parents and guardians will be notified and the data breach will be reported to the New York State Education Department.
Parents/guardians and others who have concerns or wish to file a complaint about a possible breach or improper disclosure of data may do so using this form.
Contact Data Protection Officer Crystal Nelson at (585) 658 or 344-7521 with any questions or concerns about data privacy or security.
For More Information
More information is also available on the following websites:
- NYSED Data Privacy Resources
- Student Privacy Pledge
- New York State Education Department Parents Bill of Rights
- NYSED: Data Privacy FAQs
- U.S. Department of Education press release: Guidance for Schools Issued on How to Keep Parents Better Informed on the Data They Collect on Students
- Privacy Technical Assistance Center (PTAC): newly established one-stop resource for education stakeholders to learn about data privacy.