This half-day program is designed for students who have completed at least one year in Transitions I, or an equivalent program. Transitions II continues the foundation of career awareness and more career-specific exploration is introduced through a work readiness curriculum and training provided in a variety of settings. Exploration of a variety of career options including maintenance, customer service, groundskeeping, and hospitality.
Worker safety and job-specific skills are emphasized; interdisciplinary academics reinforce skills necessary in the workplace, including reading, writing, speaking, and mathematics. Skills are modeled and practiced as part of the daily routine to help students develop and apply skills for success in the workplace.
Example of Skills Taught
- How to seek and maintain employment
- Appropriate work habits
- Awareness of quality of work
- Managing personal finances
- Caring for personal needs
- Social skills and maintaining healthy relationships
- Interpersonal skills
- Following directions and maintaining attention to tasks