Graduation and NCLEX
Graduation and NCLEX-PN
A student will be eligible to participate in graduation, receive his/her certificate in Practical Nursing and have all forms releasing the new nurse to take the state licensing testing after meeting the following requirements:
- Attaining completion and a minimum grade of 80% (85% in Pharmacology) in program components.
- Pass the final clinical with an overall (P) Pass and submit all required clinical paperwork.
- Satisfaction of all financial obligations to Genesee Valley BOCES.
- Individual attendance record of Class/Lab and Clinical hours meets the 1200 program hour requirements.
- Approval of professionalism/employability by the nursing department. It is incumbent upon the student to avoid actions, behaviors, and practices that are in violation of nursing standards, handbook guidelines, or professional integrity/ethics.
When these requirements have been met, transcripts and grade reports will be issued to other schools or employment agencies and the necessary verification forms for licensure will be submitted to the State Education Department. If you are lacking in any area, your information will not be included in the submission to the State Education Department.
GV BOCES LPN Program Graduating Rates & NCLEX-PN Passing Rates Graduation Rates:
NCLEX Pass Rates
2020 Final rate: 72.83
2020 State Mean: 74.16
2021 Final Rate: 77.12
2021 Last Graduating class: 88.47
2021 State Mean: 70%