The Genesee Valley School Board Association (GVSBA) is a membership organization of the school board members and superintendents who lead the 22 school districts and Genesee Valley BOCES.
The objectives of this Association shall be as follows:
- To promote and encourage cooperation between the Genesee Valley School Boards in the interest of better education.
- To provide a forum where school board members exchange information on education-related topics.
- To hold meetings/conferences that address specific educational issues of interest to school board members.
- To provide a permanent organization that will voice the wishes of its members regarding legislation and other matters.
- To further the mutual objectives of this Association and the New York State School Boards Association.
- To annually nominate and designate a recipient of the Albert W. Hawk award.
- To assist its members in every possible way with their school board problems.
Patrick Burk, Executive Director